MG Residential, the award-winning residential sales team of the Menkiti Group, is seeking a talented Transaction Manager to ensure the best possible experience for our clients and team of sales agents. The Transaction Manager role is essential to the rapid growth of the team and plays a critical role in the contract process for our clients and agents. The Transaction Manager will have chief responsibilities for refining operating procedures and ensuring a smooth cadence for the day to day transaction processing functions of our rapidly growing, high-volume real estate sales team.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Operations, the Transaction Manager will directly oversee and be responsible for processing residential and commercial sales contracts from contract to close. Top candidates will be highly organized with a high attention to detail, maintain composure under pressure, take full responsibility for creating an outstanding customer service experience, and feel passionate about real estate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Transaction Manager will process 40-50 residential transactions concurrently and will cross-train to process commercial transactions. The Transaction Manager will supervise and have the support of a Compliance Coordinator and Client Concierge in meeting the team’s objectives.
- Responsible for processing all real estate contracts through closing and maintaining electronic and paper deal files.
- Manages all timelines to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Coordinates inspections and closing with all parties.
- Maintains regular communication with clients, cooperating agents, and service providers to ensure and advise on progress toward closing.
- Responsible updating the internal team on the progress of all contracts and advises agents of when they need to become involved in negotiations or issue resolution.
- Ensures that all post-closing disbursements, filing, and procedures take place.
- Obtains client testimonials following the transaction.
- Acts as key relationship point of contact with all vendor and service providers.
- Supervises the work of the Compliance Coordinator and Team Runner.
- 4+ years’ experience in transaction management
- Experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and analytic skills
- Ability to organize and maintain systems for deal management
- Residential real estate license or the ability to complete licensing requirements
- Experience in a high-growth or start-up environment preferred
- Self-disciplined and professional in demeanor
- Access to reliable transportation to visit properties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
ABOUT THE MENKITI GROUP:
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, the Menkiti Group has invested over $120 million in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed over 500,000 square feet of residential and commercial property, and has brokered the sale of over $550 million in residential real estate. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $1.46 billion in 2014 sales.
The Menkiti Group has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City/Fortune Magazine as being among the fastest growing privately held companies in the nation.