The Menkiti Group is seeking a talented Real Estate Development Manager to oversee the day-to-day activities of our Single Family Homes (SFH) Division. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the development manager will work with the Development Services Business Unit to devise and execute a comprehensive strategy to acquire, renovate and sell single family and multifamily dwellings.
The Real Estate Development Manager will be a valuable member of our team with a specific focus on acquisition and disposition of properties, project management, leadership, financial analysis, design and implementation.
Menkiti’s Development Team is assembling highly skilled talent, and the Real Estate Development Manager should be self-driven, highly-motivated with the ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
As a double-bottom line company, the right individual for this role will identify with the Menkiti Group’s mission of enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management and sale of residential and commercial real estate and will be motivated to build a larger regional network of companies that is both profitable and delivers a positive social impact.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in the production of single family home and multifamily development (Senior leadership role preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience in project management, purchasing and design
- Self-driven, highly motivated, excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Prior experience with acquisition and development of homes to include, acquisition, construction, project design, project finance, operations and marketing. P&L experience required. Operational experience in designing and implementing systems and policies in a growing company
ABOUT THE MENKITI GROUP
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, the Menkiti Group has invested over $120 million in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed over 500,000 square feet of residential and commercial property, and has brokered the sale of over $550 million in residential real estate. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $1.46 billion in 2014 sales.
The Menkiti Group has been recognized by Inc. Magazine and the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City/Fortune Magazine as being among the fastest growing privately held companies in the nation.