CALLING MURAL ARTISTS / EMERGING ARTISTS!
Opportunity to showcase your work on private property, visible from a public alley in Washington, DC. Contribute to a historic Dupont Circle renovation project with an original mural of your design.
The owner will purchase materials up to $350, and the selected artist receives a stipend of $1,000.
Concept ideas must be submitted by 5 pm Monday, April 22; selected artist notified that evening, and work can begin right away. The mural must be completed by the end of the day, April 30.
Artists are invited to submit ideas (and a rough sketch or digital render) of a mural design for the wall – measures approx 28’ wide x approx 8’ high. The parking pad in front of the wall is 30’wide x 12’ deep and will be landscaped with exterior lighting for the wall. Site is available to inspect at any time; the wall will be primed (but not ‘finished’).
Questions? Email Jennifer Motruk
- The wall is in ‘as is’ condition and will be primed only
- The selected Artist may begin work immediately but must be finished by end of day on April 30 so landscaping may begin
- The selected Artist will be awarded the stipend of $1,000 following the completion of the mural
- The current owner will photograph the mural when landscaping is complete
- The Artist may photograph or document the mural at any time after completion and before the new owner takes possession after closing.
- Any costs above and beyond $350 for supplies or materials will be covered by the Artist
- The wall is on private property but visible from a public alley
- The property is on the market for sale and the mural may be temporary, i.e. a new owner may decide to paint over the mural at any time following closing.